Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Product Profile, Pacsafe Anti-theft bags

Last time I was in China I had both my wallet and my phone pick pocketed. Both of these could have been avoided by me being careful and less naive, keeping things in my front pockets not the back and leaving expensive electronics at my apartment not out in plain sight in a busy market. Anyway, that experience has made me just a little bit paranoid about getting my stuff lifted.

Introducing, Pacsafe!

Pacsafe makes bags specifically for travelers and Tay and I have each purchased one. They makes a bunch of different models for all kinds of occasions, Im using this back pack the Venturesafe 25l as my carry on, on the plane. Here is a list of the safety features that sold me on this bag.

1. Slash proof material.
Every Pacsafe bag is made out of material that is laced with a metal mesh, this stops people from being able to cut into your bag and grab your stuff! How cool is that? its like chain mail for your valuables. I've also been assured by different reviews online that the mesh does not stop this bag from being able to be a carry on, it goes through security just fine.

2. Locking Zippers
If a sneaky pickpocket tries to carefully unzip this bag without you noticing they will be in for a surprise. Thats right, zippers that lock once they've been zipped. Such a good idea, I would have been sold on the bag even if this was the only safety feature they included.

3. Detachable locking straps.
you can unhook the strap from the backpack, wrap it around a pole or something, and then lock it back on to the backpack. This means you can prevent someone from grabbing your bag and running if you are sitting down somewhere.

4. RFID pocket
Your passport and your credit cards contain something called an RFID chip, that identity thieves can scan and then steal your personal info. Pacsafe bags contain a special pocket for your sensitive information that keeps it from being read electronically. 

Now the bag Tay is getting is a little different style but still has the same safety features,

This is the Slingsafe 150 Gll, its a smaller bag but still made out of the cool "stuff armor material", and with the same locking zippers, this is going to be our Ipad / Camera bag.It is also nice because its small size lets it be worn under a jacket to really deter opportunists looking to steal our electronics.

For more info on these great travel items check out,  http://www.pacsafe.com

Questions and comments, blogminks@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment