Thursday, January 24, 2013

31 days, the countdown begins

Well it's been about a week since my last post, life has been busy. We have 31 days until we leave and the clock is ticking on all the things we need to do to wrap up our life here. Work of course is still going on, getting everything together to move out in 3 weeks, trying to sell our car, not to mention the weather has been lousy and I'm feeling pretty ill.

The last piece of our China plans I haven't finished yet is our visas, filling out the paper work Ive done, I just need to get some passport photos taken and send everything in. Hopefully I'll get that done by Saturday.

We move out of our apartment 2-18-13 and don't fly out until the 24th so we are gonna be homeless for 6 days, we have a couple options of places to stay but need to nail that down still. I really would rather not be camping for a week in below freezing temperatures.

Our work gave us our W-2 forms so we can start our taxes, hopefully we can get our refund before we leave. But I guess we can't Efile until the 31st which is frustrating.

All in all I'm really excited but I wish I could just get on the plane and go. Wrapping everything up and organizing things , makes me tired and stressed out. One day ill just go to the airport and take the next available flight wherever it's going, but for right now I can't be quite that spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment